Sunday, July 23, 2017

An Exercise in Boldness

I am not bold. I am generally outgoing, I'm warm, I'm friendly, but I'm not bold. I hate risk, and I especially hate if the risk is rejection. If I introduce myself to you or come talk to you one on one, it's a huge deal, because I am so insecure and I'm pretty much always sure I'll say the wrong thing. When I do push past this, it's because I know how much it would mean to me if someone pursued me, made me know they wanted specifically to talk to me, 

How much more does that apply to all the people who are struggling with, if not the very same things as me, something similar enough that knowing what I'm dealing with and how I'm finding my way would make them feel less alone and give them hope? 

Recently, and I don't think by any accident, at least a half dozen people, all of whom I really respect, have told me I have a way with words, or that I am a beautiful writer. I've always loved writing, it's always come easily to me when I write from my heart, and I've often wondered if it would ever be something I did "for real." I have so much to share that I feel could encourage and uplift, and I believe wholeheartedly that God has given me this life with its joys and challenges, to help others along theirs. I also have experience and familiarity with a lot of writers and know how tough the business is. But-if God has given me the gift and desire-He will provide the resources and the direction. 

So, I'm gonna pursue this. Not entirely sure where it's going, but I'm going to write, share, engage, pursue, and pray-a lot. Most of all, I'm going to be *me*. It'll be honest, authentic, and balanced with my priorities and where I am in my journey. Right now, that means I'm not trying to go full speed ahead, not trying to land a publisher and all that jazz, but rather to pursue health, mind, body and soul, and share that with you, and gently pursue widening my net. So, welcome to the wild (or maybe not!) ride! If you have thoughts or ideas or want to be part of me developing this, I'm all ears! 

If you're new to my blog, please feel free to go back and read to get to know me better! 

1 comment: