Monday, June 1, 2015

Starting Body Revolution

Today I started Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution for the fourth time. It was tough, but that's good. I feel like I'm starting at a reasonable level of fitness, and am looking forward to to experiencing lots of progress in performance and I hope hope hope I'll get to see some external transformation over the next 12 weeks as well. 
Here's where it gets tricky: I can't slash my calories. We already learned almost 2 years ago that I have to set my net calorie goal and make sure I eat back anything I burn that puts me below that, or my body will just hang onto fat like it's starving. I'm also exclusively breastfeeding, which burns between 350-500 extra calories a day. Sooooo...I think I need to be netting 2000 calories to start? I'm not as concerned about the scale number exactly, but more about fat loss as I build muscle. So, we will start at 2k and see where we are after 2 weeks? 
My goal for the next 12 weeks is to lose 2 (maybe even 3!) pant sizes. That seems doable. Three would put me at least at the size I was when I got pregnant, even if not the same body composition.
 Here's my day 1 shot:
It's...a starting place! And I'm 14 weeks postpartum, not 6+ months like with Lexi, so YaY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment